Posted by Mrs. Ibrahim | Posted in Blogging Challenge | Posted on January 12, 2011
I just joined the Teacher Blogging Challenge and my first challenge is to write a post about blogging. Here are 8 Things you should know about blogging…
- Link within posts where appropriate.
- Blogs are wonderful ways to communicate with parents and administration.
- Keep the Theme simple at first until students understand the layout of a blog.
- Having students comment on lessons gives the teacher feedback and accountability.
- Teach digital citizenship along with blogging so students are safe online.
- Pictures add so much to a blog post!
- Always use tags and categories to organize the blog.
- Blogging creates a purpose and audience for students and teachers.
Here is a Wordle I created showing the major themes mentioned in our blog.
Posted by Mrs. Ibrahim | Posted in Technology, Thinking Maps | Posted on September 24, 2010
On our first week of GATE class, we created circle maps to define ourselves in context. I typed up all of our definitions and created the Wordle below. A Wordle is a “word cloud” that gives more prominence to words that appear more frequently. What trends do you notice??