Well, the official GATE support program is over for the year. Teachers will continue to differentiate for your students in their classrooms.
It has been a great year for me, working with your children. This year we learned:
- Thinking Maps, using a Frame of Reference
- Depth and Complexity icons (6th gd)
- emailing classes across the country
- we looked deeply at topics such as Water, Natural Disasters, and Global Warming
- Slippery Science and Mineral Mania
- social-emotional issues with gifted children
A special thank you to Drew’s mom, Juanita Harris for helping with 5th grade each week! Thanks to Mrs. Gil for her support with the program as well.
There will be a GATE parent meeting at the District office on Wednesday, April 27 from 6-7 in the ESSC Room.
I will be teaching Mrs. Hasting’s 5th grade class for the rest of the year since she is moving and getting married! See you around school!